The following are some of the questions that were asked during an interview for the position of ‘Technical Writer’:
- It almost always starts with the same old question ‘Can you please tell me a little about yourself?’.
- What do you think is ‘Technical Writing’?
- Name some of the publishing applications and tools you have used.
- What is meant by the term ‘SDLC’?
- What is meant by the term ‘DDLC’?
- What do you mean by ‘DITA’?
- Which voice (active voice or passive voice) is generally used in Technical Writing?
- Which person (first, second or third) is generally used in Technical Writing?
- Explain the usage of ‘that’, ‘which’ and ‘who’ in Technical Writing.
- Convert from active voice to passive voice (and vice versa). (sentences will be provided.)
- Fill in the blanks with appropriate articles. (sentences will be provided.)
- What is the difference between “It’s” and “Its”?
As always, there will also be a few ‘trick’ questions – so, prepare well.