Top 10 day-to-day activities of a Knowledge Manager:
A typical day for a Knowledge Manager will consist of the following activities:
(these might vary from organization to organization or account to account. This is just a generalization.)
- Setup and implement a process to channel and manage knowledge.
- Keep the knowledgebase fully updated.
- Keep the team informed of any updates/changes.
- Interact with the local/onsite team members to extract any latent knowledge.
- Review team statistics on a daily basis – probe reasons for any shortfalls in performance.
- Interact with local/onsite stake holders to understand the process and ensure there is adequate and appropriate knowledge content for the same.
- Document all process-related information in a user-friendly manner.
- Provide training to the Trainer(s) / Team Lead(s) and/or agent(s) wherever necessary.
- Review the team performance and suggest ways to increase FCF/FCR scores and CSAT scores.
- Review the team performance and suggest ways to reduce use of onsite-dispatches. Referrals and dispatches will only cost more money to your organization.