1. Insert a blank writable CD or a DVD into the Optical drive – your CD/DVD writer.
2. Double-click on My Computer, and then select the files or folders that you want to copy to the CD/DVD. (To select more than one file, hold down the CTRL key while you click the files you want.)
Choose one of the following options:
- Copy this file
- Copy this folder
- Copy the selected items
3. In the Copy Items dialog box, click the CD recording drive or DVD RAM Drive, if it is a DVD Writer and then click Copy.
5. Go to Start and then select My Computer, double-click the CD / DVD recording drive. Verify that the files and folders that you want to burn to the CD / DVD show up under Files Ready to Be Written to the CD.
6. Select CD Writing Tasks (on the left panel) click Write to CD.
7. After the CD Writing Wizard starts, follow the instructions in the wizard.
8. When the process is finished, the wizard displays a check box for you to choose to create another CD like the one you just made. If you want to create multiple copies of the same CD, click Yes, write these files to another CD and insert another blank, writable CD into the CD recorder. Follow the instructions in the wizard. It’s a good practice to verify that the files/folders have been copied on to the CD/DVD after the burn process is done.
9. Once the copying is done, delete the temporary files by going to My Computer and open up the CD/DVD ROM drive and then choose the option Delete Temporary Files under CD Writing Tasks.
Your computer is now ready to write/burn another set of files to a CD/DVD.